The most important US indices are closing close to the excessive for the day and ending a strong week with the Dow industrial common main the way in which. The Dow is on monitor for one of the best October, and on tempo for one of the best month since January 1976 (with yet another day to go). The NASDAQ was the outperforming index immediately with a acquire of shut to three%.
The Dow is now up for its 4th consecutive week. That’s the longest streak since 2021. The S&P and NASDAQ is posting its 2nd straight weekly acquire.
- Dow industrial common is up 828.52 factors or 2.59% at 32861.81
- S&P index is up 93.78 factors or 2.46% at 3901.07
- NASDAQ index is up 309.79 factors or 2.87% at 11102.46
- Russell 2000 is up 40.59 factors or 2.25% at 1846.92
For the week:
- Dow industrial common is up 5.72%
- S&P index is up 3.95%
- NASDAQ index is up 2.25%.
- Russell 2000 was the largest performer with a 6.01% acquire
For the month of October to date:
- Dow industrial common is up 14.44%
- S&P index is up 8.84%
- NASDAQ index is up 4.98%
- Russell 2000 is up 10.95%